Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksgiving round-up: Chocolate-Pecan Pie

Ooooh this was a good one. Pecan pie has never really done it for me, I think it's too sweet and too much like nuts suspended in corn syrup to really be exciting. However, adding melted dark chocolate and chunks of bittersweet chocolate to the mix made things really interesting. It was like a moist, chewy pecan brownie in a pie crust. And I meant that in the best way possible.


I used this recipe from epicurious, with a few modifications. I didn't use their pie crust recipe, and I blind baked my crust...in retrospect, that probably wasn't necessary and I might try it unbaked next time. I used 5.5 ounces dark (72%) chocolate melted in the mix, and added another 2 ounces of bittersweet chunks. Otherwise, I didn't make any modifications. The pie baked beautifully and was done after 55 minutes.

A close-up of the nuts and chocolate chunks:

No comments:

Post a Comment