Sunday, November 05, 2006

Butterfly cake for a baby shower

My dear friend Holly is having a baby, and I was invited to make the cake for her shower. Of course, I jumped at the chance to make something special for the celebration. She asked for "something chocolate," so I decided to go with a chocolate layer cake, filled with ganache, raspberries, and whipped cream, and frosted with ganache. I chose a butterfly theme because the baby's nursery will have a butterfly crib, and is decorated with a brown and pink color scheme. The polka dots matched the invitations (plus, I thought they had a cute pop-art vibe). Full details and descriptions are below.



P.S. Welcome to new Sugar High Friday readers! Thanks for the lovely comments...I'll be by to check out your blogs soon. :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This looks amazing, and it's not just a pretty face, that inside looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete