Monday, August 03, 2009

TWD: Yes, We Have Banana Bundt Cake

Fans of Arrested Development may be familiar with this little guy here:

Allow me to introduce Mr. Bananagrabber, who is, in the words of the Arrested Development wiki, "an anthropomorphic banana who rides a Segway and steals and eats other bananas. When he speaks, his S's whistle." [You may well be asking yourself the same thing Michael Bluth asked: "Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer."]

Well, this week's Tuesdays with Dorie recipe spawned an imitator right in my very home:


Mr. Banana Cake Grabber.

He doesn't ride a Segway, and he doesn't lisp, but he does have the amazing ability to make a whole banana bundt cake morph from this...


To this....

To this.

My very own husband went bananas over this banana cake, and ate a full quarter of it for breakfast yesterday. (It's a fruit serving, right?) I myself thought it was good but not exceptional--it was your standard yummy banana bread/cake texture and flavor. I'm guilty of always peeling off the outside and leaving the sad innards lying around, neglected, but that's more a sign of my poor manners than any deficiency on the part of this cake. All told, this was an easy cake to whip up and a real winner with you-know-who.

[And don't worry--we're keeping the animation rights to Mr. Banana Cake Grabber.]

13 comments:

  1. I miss Arrested Development so much. I agree..it is a serving of fruit, definitely...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:01 PM

    It's ironic that you peel your banana cake :) This sure looks like it was a hit with your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you can count the sour cream as dairy, too, so it's a well-balanced breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Loved this, even though I have other recipes equally as good for banana cake/bread that are a little healthier! I had fun with this one, then went on vacation and forgot my computer with all the info in it!!!! I'll be posting a two for one next week

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny!
    Your cake looks delicious!
    I loved this recipe as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is one amazing looking bundt cake!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:00 PM

    Cute picture of the husband. Your cake looks great.

    oh, how I miss Arrested Development. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cake looks fantastic with the glaze over the top! Great picture of your husband. Glad he was such a big fan of the cake. I thought this was a particularly good breakfast cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, THANK YOU for the AD reference. As if I didn't love your blog enough already...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heck yeah, that's a whole serving of fruit! That's my rationalization, anyway. Even though you weren't in love with it, you still made the glaze perfectly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous2:35 PM

    Your banana bundt cake is just beautiful! It obviously tastes fantastic by the looks of Mr. Banana Cake Grabber! =)
    I love the ribbon (?) trim around the cake platter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is completely on the food pyramid in the fruit category!! Looks wonderful! Thanks for baking along with me this week!! - mary the food librarian

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your banbanananana bundt came out beautifully and looks moist and delicious...

    ReplyDelete