Monday, August 10, 2009

TWD: Brownie Buttons

I loved everything about these wee cute-as-a-you-know-what brownie buttons.
Adorable size? Check.
Easy to make? Yes.
Good crunchy-crust-to-fudgy interior ration? Uh-huh.
Twee name? Absolutely.
Great taste? Certainly!After a morning of airplane travel and hours spent at the Sprint store and grocery store, it was a relief to be able to come home, make these, photograph them, and still have daylight left in which to put up my feet! Super fast, super tasty, super cute.

Instead of orange zest I used a little orange oil (but I think mint would also be fab) and the tops were dipped in a bowl of swirled white and dark chocolate.

Some folks have complained about the yield and baking time both being inaccurate. I would say that's about right--I got 12, not 16, little buttons, and the bake time was closer to 13 minutes. With the shortened time and the increased amount of batter per cup, these were the perfect afternoon pick-me-up: indulgent, but not so guilt-inducing that I couldn't enjoy a few more after dinner!

20 comments:

  1. So cute (yes, cute as a button!) I love the swirled tops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the swirl! Mine were a little overbaked, but still good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Worthy of a Dali, or a Picasso... beautiful Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heart the swirled topping.

    I also only got 12, but I baked mine for 12 minutes and they were perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved these too! My only gripe was the yield - I only got 12 as well, and will double the recipe next time. Yours look particularly adorable with that swirl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:54 AM

    cute buttons! I love the chocolate swirl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bicoloured swirl!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the double swirl on the perfect little brownies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:08 PM

    They look beautiful with the swirled chocolate on top!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just adorable! Love the swirl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I ended up with a dozen as well. That swirled chocolate icing is too pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi there,

    i just saw these on gawker and just had to leave a comment. The swirled tops are brilliant - so very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute indeed!!!! I love your swirled chocolate topping!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous7:17 AM

    It's great the way your stacked plates mimic the swirl on your brownie buttons. Great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! So adorable with the delicate chocolate swirl!
    Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous12:55 PM

    Wow, your brownie buttons look really nice! How in the world did you get the white and dark chocolate glaze to swirl together like that? Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That swirl is AWESOME. Seriously, now THOSE are some cute bottons!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the swirly tops!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautifully done! Definitely small enough that you can indulge.

    ReplyDelete