Tuesday, May 24, 2011

TWD: Oatmeal Nutmeg Scones

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. I am pleased to present a very special Poetry Edition of Tuesdays with Dorie.

*polite applause*



There once was a food called a scone
With oatmeal and nutmeg alone
In looks it was simple
Bumps, crags, and a-dimpled
But the taste could make a man moan!



These scones were a treat eaten plain
We enjoyed them again and again
But we liked them the best
When with jam they were dressed
Not to gorge ourselves was a real strain.



So we come to the end of the post
And I truly don't mean to boast
The scones were quite good
For a non-dessert food
Thanks to Patricia, our host!

7 comments:

  1. That was totally excellent. And I'm not sure if I'm talking about the poetry or scones. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So let me see if I've got this straight--you liked the scones? ;) Cute post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done, all the way around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The world definitely needs more poetry. And more scones. Maybe I can work on getting the scones done this weekend. Poetry will need to wait, however. Great looking scones and very fun poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the limerick post! And the scones, too - they look lovely with the berries on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  6. VERY clever. Never knew you were so talented !!!!

    ReplyDelete